"Isn't KeppelCorp stock going straight to hell?"

"Isn't it IN hell already?"

I know what you're thinking.

Trust me. I do.

KeppelCorp's share price has dropped more than half in a matter of months. Recently, KC's price has experienced a slight rebound, closing at 5.27 on the 23rd of February.

After witnessing a company's stock fall from $11 to $5, I can understand the fear behind re-investing into KeppelCorp, especially with all the nonsense that has cropped up recently.

On the other hand, if you consider it, it's a blue-chip stock at a 50% discount.

I'm aware of the Sete Brasil issue - one of KeppelCorp's biggest ventures is the construction of offshore oil rigs, and its biggest client may be filing for bankruptcy protection amidst one of Brazil's biggest anti-corruption scandals. However, there is one silver lining - KC has been slowly writing down their investments in Brazil, and Temasek Holdings has been discussing options for KC to undertake in order to mitigate further damage.

I'm currently watching the oil talks as well, to see what becomes of oil production, and to see how they affect oil prices.



I've had my eye on KeppelCorp ever since the share price sunk below $5.00. Regardless, today, I decided to take the plunge and re-invest into KeppelCorp.

Therefore, my current holdings:


Name
Shares
Price
1.
SPH
2,000
3.58
2.
Singtel
1,000
3.49
3.
KeppelCorp
1,000
5.24


-%-%-

In other news: Pretty happy with how prices of Singtel and SPH have been doing. Both have crossed 3.70 - might be a good capital gain cash out in the future if this keeps up.

Thanks for reading, guys.

Until next time.


Peace

Creed

No comments

Powered by Blogger.