Charles and Creed

Hey guys, I’ll be posting content alongside Creed.  Like the aforementioned, I am a 24 year old Singaporean male and I have been investing in shares for the past 5 years. 

My interest in investing began when I was serving my national service and I was looking for ways to effectively use my free time. It started with websites such as The Motley Fool and Investopedia and I began to see it as killing two birds with one stone. As I planned to study finance for my undergraduate degree, it seemed like a good idea to get a better understanding of the finance world.

My father had already been investing for many years and he gave me guidance in choosing my stocks and how to analyze them. Eventually, I began investing using the money that I saved up from my national service allowance and bought 1 lot of SPH shares.

The reason why I chose this stock was because it provided solid dividends and proved to be rather stable over the years. With dividends ranging from 24c/share in 2011 to 20c/share in 2015, it has indeed proven so.  

Most recently, SPH dropped from 3.94 to a low 3.59 within two weeks of the New Year.  I waited to see how the price would play out over mid-January to February and decided to buy another lot at 3.70 on the 5th of February. As of now, SPH has shown to be increasing in value and is priced at 3.92.

As of today, my holdings are:

Name
Shares
Current Price
1.
SPH
6000
3.92

(In regards to my other 5 lots, I don’t have access to my trading account and I do not remember the prices I bought them at)

For now, I won’t be investing in new stocks as this semester is heavy in workload and won’t allow me to do detailed analysis. However, I will do some research on companies that catch my eye and post my findings when I have free time.

Thanks for reading.

Charles


No comments

Powered by Blogger.